Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day

-

Well I have loads and loads of Christmas day pictures but I think this one above says it all. Oh the carnage and the aftermath of Christmas. It took a whole day for me to find the floor of my living room again. This picture is taken from upstairs in our loft looking down. Off to the right on the brown couch you can make out a little pink thing- that is our little Lainy bug (Elaina) she blends right in with the mess. The kids had a great day Santa was very good to us. Four kids is a lot of fun on Christmas day. Our rule- no one gets out of bed until the sun comes up! Hard to inforce but worth it to the sleppy Santa Clauses.

Okay- well I had to put in one more picture. Lance AKA- Santa- built this great table for Isaac for all his cars and new race track. He also built Eve a toy box, not pictured. Actually you can see it in the top picture. It is at the bottom of the picture and is the big white Rectangle about twice the size of Eve. A lesson I learned... Never ask a cabinet builder to build something simple- it is not possible for them. In my mind I pictured a little cute toy box for Eve that I could paint and make cute- instead I got something that resembled a fancy Hope Chest you can buy in a furniture store for a couple hundred dollars. I almost didn't paint it because I didn't want to cheapen it. I did anyway- I figured it was for a little girl and needed to be cute- I spent Christmas Eve until 2:00am painting it. The table for Isaac was also more then I bargained for but I just love it. I had to move some things around and throw some things away to make it fit in the house but it is fantastic.

2 comments:

Emily said...

What cool presents, made by "Santa" makes them extra special too! Your trees looks beautiful. Glad you had a good day!

Amanda Davis said...

I know how that goes having a carpenter build things for you! You should see my scrap book paper shelves!!! WOW!!!