I know... I know. We are just weird, but this last week was Rusty, our dog's, 1st birthday. Being the party animals that we are we just HAD to celebrate.
We had a bone shaped cake, party hats.. the whole thing. I made a roast for dinner so that he would have yummy table scraps to eat and yes... we bought him a birthday present. We gave him a toy called the KONG. Its a sturdy chew toy that you can put treats inside and they have to work really hard to get out. I can't believe how much money it cost. He truly is practically just another one of my children.
We had a bone shaped cake, party hats.. the whole thing. I made a roast for dinner so that he would have yummy table scraps to eat and yes... we bought him a birthday present. We gave him a toy called the KONG. Its a sturdy chew toy that you can put treats inside and they have to work really hard to get out. I can't believe how much money it cost. He truly is practically just another one of my children.
I am happy to report that Rusty and I are getting along a lot better now. Its been a rough year for us. The year consisted of a lot of peeing, chewing, destroying, vandalizing, tearing up, and disobeying on his part and a lot of yelling, screaming, kicking, hitting (he has a hard head- I thought I broke my hand when I did that) and breaking pumpkins over his head on my part. Boy... I sound like a truly, violent person- honest I'm not. Happily we have come to an understanding lately as he has stopped chewing up and destroying the world. I agree to pet him, feed him, let him sleep in the garage and show him love as long as he stays off the carpet in the house and doesn't tear up or eat priceless scrapbooks, photo albums, library books, the children's toys, my baby trees growing outside, the fresh loaf of bread sitting on the counter, the two foot long sub sandwich sitting on the counter, my baby bumpo, Eli's bike's seat, Eve's camping chair, a sleeping bag, the children's Halloween pumpkins, the kid's backpacks, Eli's coat, my running shoes- or anyone's shoes for that matter including the neighbors, my cute decorative baskets, baseball mits, Eli's bats and baseballs, the neighbors basketball, the neighbors 5lbs of ground beef, the neighbors cherry tree and anything else I've forgotten EVER AGAIN!!!!! AND..... nothing else important for that matter. It is a wonder he live through this whole year- no wonder I became such a violent person. Anyway... he is a part of our family so... happy birthday Rusty.
3 comments:
Phew...I'm exhausted just reading about your dog's shenanigan's over the past year. Was it worth it?! Happy Birthday Rusty! You are one dedicated pet owner!
Hey, Happy birthday to Rusty. We forgive you for the tree, the meat, the balls and all the food and water that you have shared with our "son" Bear. We enjoy the extra protection too. I had forgotten about a lot of those things that he decided tasted better than his food.
OOOOOH we have been there and some of those bad memories fad with time.... SOME of them anyway! You are way nicer then me. I loved Snickers and never threw him a party! We don't throw them for Dotty and she lives in side all the time and never destroyed so many things! Lucky DoG!
Post a Comment