
With my little family once I start a tradition it's hard to break. St. Patties day, a rather insignificant holiday, has become a full fledge mark your calander important holiday in the lives of my littles. Eli asked me if we would be getting presents for this "green holiday." I tried to explain to my kids that this is an Irish holiday, we are not Irish, and their mom just likes an excuse to party, that today really was like any other day. It didn't sink in and my kids went to school that morning appalled that school would be in session on such an important day like March 17th.
So as per tradition I made an all green dinner
This year I tried to stick to more naturally green foods since after last year's dinner we were a little grossed out. It's not fun to change green diapers either- yuck. The only dye was in the green cheese cake for dessert. The menu:
Green Chili casserole (yum I will make that again)
Broccoli salad
Brussle sprouts
cheese cake for dessert
So as per tradition I made an all green dinner
This year I tried to stick to more naturally green foods since after last year's dinner we were a little grossed out. It's not fun to change green diapers either- yuck. The only dye was in the green cheese cake for dessert. The menu:Green Chili casserole (yum I will make that again)
Broccoli salad
Brussle sprouts
cheese cake for dessert




2 comments:
What a great tradition! And I wish I'd been there to eat all the yummy food!
I want the recipe to the green chillie thing!
Post a Comment