Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Oh the anticipation! Finally the day came and we could dye Easter eggs!!!

Isaac was one of the funniest this year. He really thought this was fun


I love Easter colors- and some how we ended up with a Sponge bob kit. The kids loved it.
What can I say we love Easter at our house- like most families. We love dying eggs, searching for eggs and eating chocolate but being the responsible party- pooper parent to which I am I have to bring a little reality into the situation. My poor deprived children don't even know that most kids think the Easter bunny comes and gives them their Easter basket and hides their eggs. I just can't see what the Easter bunny has to do with the whole day so I hide the eggs and I give them a simple basket. We still have a lot of fun and my kids don't seam any worse for the wear. I'm go grateful to my Savior and the Miracle of His resurrection and I hope my children feel that too.

2 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

I wish I had done that from the get go! I was always affraid if I didn't do the Easter bunny they wouldn't believe in Santa... but I guess I was wrong. I think it is to late now... We love the whole thing too though, I just down play the bunny.

Amanda Davis said...

Oh it was so nice to talk to you today. We need to do that more often. I need to program your phone number in to my phone so I will stop loosing it! Email it to me so I can call you some time.