We just survived birthday week at our house so I thought I'd post a few highlights. Eli's birthday was the 6th and Evelyn the 11th which equaled a lot of excitement and cake at our house.
Some how the cake has become the biggest part of my children's birthdays. Both Eli and Eve literally sat down and drew out a design for me to follow in creating their cakes. Eli wanted Mario characters on top of his but the action figures that I ordered didn't come in in time so I had to create some of them out of fondant. * sigh * I don't think my children fully appreciate what I do for them!
Some how the cake has become the biggest part of my children's birthdays. Both Eli and Eve literally sat down and drew out a design for me to follow in creating their cakes. Eli wanted Mario characters on top of his but the action figures that I ordered didn't come in in time so I had to create some of them out of fondant. * sigh * I don't think my children fully appreciate what I do for them!
I thought Eve's would be so simple but not so much. Did you know barbies are really tall? Its really hard to make a cake large enough for one to stand in. I ended up removing the poor dolls legs!


No comments:
Post a Comment