Saturday, January 24, 2009

Diaper Cake


I'm just so proud of this I had to show it off. A friend of mine just had her 4th baby- a week after me- so we threw her a baby sprinkle party. Which is like a baby shower only you only give necessity gifts like diapers, wipes, lotion and stuff for mom. So I thought... diapers are boring I'll spice it up a bit. I'd seen one of these made before and it didn't look hard. It wasn't hard but it was time consuming. An hour into the rolling of diapers I was wondering if I was really good enough friends with her to be spending this much time on her gift. She loved it though and it was a hit at the party and it was pretty fun to make. When Isaac saw it he said..." ohhhh Caaaake" I thought it was cute. He was pretty dissapointed when I handed him a piece and it was just a diaper.

3 comments:

Julie said...

It makes more sense now, after seeing your picture. But it does look very pretty.

Emily said...

Really cute...are your hands ever going to be the same again after rolling all those diapers? Just thinking about rolling up a diaper that tight, and then several more makes my hands hurt...what a good friend you are!

Amanda Davis said...

That is soooo funny that Isaac thought it was real cake! I can see my kids doing the same thing! That was so nice of you!