Well- Lance made the paper this time, just barely. He is in the upper right hand corner behind the cheerleaders. Yes, the one with the curly black hair is a man. 

One of the teachers at Lance's school has brain cancer, sad I know and it doesn't look like she is going to make it, but on the lighter side... the school did a really fun fundraiser for her last week. They had a spaghetti dinner at $10 a plate and then for the entertainment the 8th graders played the faculty, or old guys as they called them, in a real basketball game. I have to say I don't remember my middle school teachers being so young and good at basketball. So Lance got roped into it. Basketball is not Lance's sport and he is a sport guy. He said his only experience with basketball is church ball and he always got punched in the eye. Despite his lack of experience he did really well. He scored some points and the kids and I were proud to cheer him on. I asked him before the game if they were going to win and said "yea no problem." Well it didn't turn out to be so easy. The first quarter the teachers did great but by the end of the quarter they were a huffen and a puffen like a bunch of old folgies. They got a second wind though and pulled back ahead and won by just a few points. I have to say I saw a lot of fouling on the teachers side. Some of the worst was from the school police officer. I don't think the thought the rules applied to him.
Here is the faculty "old men and one woman" basketball team being very uncooperative for thier photo. As you can see they have their own scarry mascot and nurse- left side of photo.
Here is the faculty "old men and one woman" basketball team being very uncooperative for thier photo. As you can see they have their own scarry mascot and nurse- left side of photo.

No comments:
Post a Comment