Saturday, May 16, 2009

Busy weekend!

We spent ALL of Saturday working in our yard. It was so nice to be outside in the sun and to make my outside prettier!! I'm definitely going to sleep well tonight. We had to gather lots of rocks to make my flower garden pretty. We got a lot of the rocks out of the horse pasture. The horses were very helpful- as you can tell.
Eve's loving it!

Isaac and our neighbor Jacob were more then willing to play in the rocks with us.

Lance and Gabe were nice enough to make me a new garden on the side of the house just for corn- I didn't get enough last year- so now I have two vegetable gardens. This is them spreading out the manure. I believe Gabe's exact words as I took this picture were.. "If your wife insists on continuing to take pictures I'm done!"
Its so nice to have access to large piles of cow poop and tractors! For some reason I didn't take a final picture of my little island garden in my front yard but it looks great. Its lined with pretty river rocks all around it and through the middle and then we filled it in the rest with red rock. Its looks great.
Below is my main garden all filled with manure, rototilled and ready to be planted.
And of course a picture of Elaina loving her day out in the sun




2 comments:

Emily said...

I love your life!

Amanda Davis said...

FUN! I wish I could get a load of poop for my garden! That is what my brother's gave my mom for mother's day! What sweet boys! (funny the things that we start asking or wanting!) We are going to plant this coming weekend!